November 18, 2011

Pot Pie Final Logo Spot



While creating this video I learned about how a logo spot can be even more difficult to create than a long video due to how much meaning you have to try and portray in such a short amount of time. I had to revise several story boards and shorten them time after time because I wasn't used to drawing frames for such a window of time. I also learned the importance of a sound mark and how it can enhance meaning within that limited amount of time. Someone else who had overheard me working on the video said that they liked the chime and asked what commercial it was for. There is definitely an association that we have with those sound marks even if its almost on a subconscious level now that were so used to hearing them.

The challenge that I had to resolve was to portray Taylor Pruitt's Pot Pie branding guide in a way that complimented it rather than clash with it. I wanted to re-enforce her concept of comfort, elegant, rustic, and nostalgic using a sound mark that could resemble something you would hear around the home. It could be a child playing with a xylophone toy or the wind chimes outside the kitchen window. Something that could make you think of those good times and how you could have same feeling if you sat down to eat at Pot Pie.

Taylor's Pot Pie branding used woodgrain as a background so I decided to incorporate it directly into my spot by using two shades of wood grain for the rolling pin. Her colors were warm and welcoming so I decided to take her orange and red and use that to color my type against the yellow / white pie crust. To seal the deal my background is a traditional picnic or holiday home table cloth which also allows for a nice contrast between the pie and background. By using fades I was able to keep a traditional and simplistic feel to the clip, I found that if I tried to over complicate the transitions the message could become misconstrued. By using the fade between the pie and the pie in the tin with the final mark is also a representation of the pie cooking in the oven explaining how it could have shown up in the tin on a table without having to use more time to explain it. I wanted to exhibit the process of how your potpie would come fromt he kitchen to the table bringing with it that nostalgic feel of home cooking.

Taylor's Brand Guide:


1 comment:

logo Design said...

i love your blogs's logo very nicely and creatively designed.

Custom Logo Design