March 9, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins - Photo Comparison

On the Left is the first round of images. On the right are the second round of images. 

This time I shot with repositioned lighting and in HDR. These are currently without adjustments. Taking a few pointers from critique last class I tried to invoke more energy, and more emotion in the images. I had to break one of my rules of trying to keep the images clean. I didn't want to tear the cake apart at first but I realized that it fit the concept so much better to. The camera is now positioned closer to the table and cake in particular without such a top down view. By making the choice to remove the plates there was less I was forced to capture and was able to narrow down the framing. 

I would also like to add that its pretty awesome having an excuse to buy several cakes for a design project. The carrot cake tasted better I might add. Nothing beats cream cheese icing. Nothing. 

Two cakes were harmed in this project and it was delicious. 

Here is an example of how I created my soft lighting using cheap photoflood's from home depot w/ 60w lights so they didn't burn or over whelm the capabilities of the fabric. 

The full set up. 

Gluttony

Lust

Envy
Greed
Wrath

Pride
Sloth

No comments: