March 9, 2011

Icon Set Final Summation


In my Geek Culture icon set I embodied the essence of the Modern Geek. In this set I wanted to communicate geek culture but also the geek of today. Technologically adapt, conscious of trends, and styles. Geek is no longer a bad word and I want this set to reflect that. 

By using hard lines and jagged edges I wanted to portray bold, cutting edge stylistic choices. My color pallet reflecting the bright color saturated world of over powered computers, flashy videogame consols, and peripherals. Also by referencing some key historical geek icon senses I paid hommage to the Zelda Tri-force, and the Nintendo Entertainment System. 

I worked to keep the icons cohesive and legible many times over. I had a lot of problems working with the angles that a lot of my images had taken in relation to one another. I hope to have solved this issue with changing the perspective of the icons and giving them perspective change. 

In this project I learned that I need to be very careful in selecting images to work with when in the creation of icons. I know now that I need to focus on building a better understanding perspective grids prior to undertaking a project. All and all I am pleased with the project and I am excited for the next step. 

No comments: