April 8, 2011

Modern Geek Culture: Final Infographic Poster Deliverable

I've always known that I enjoyed infographics as a viewer and a participator but to really sit down and work on creating a few for our cultures of choice was a real eye opener. Sure I can say I enjoy them, but making them has given me an entirely new respect for the profession. 

This was my first experience creating infographics and I have to stay it has a certain Je ne sais quois thats intoxicating. When I was working on these there is a certain level of freedom in how to visualize the data. I mean of course it had to be legible but once I got past the standard layout ideas that I had drilled into my skull in public school I realized it could be pushed a lot further. Looking into people like David McCandless really helped in this process. 

Next time around I want to cut through the iterations faster and make my visuals striking as fast as possible. Working on projects like this really, really reinforce the strength of design evolution.  I'm really excited to see how the rest of this project evolves out. 




2nd 18x24 & final infographic poster
This version was a lot lighter in feel and more refined.

old images removed for google drive space. 


No comments: