April 13, 2011

Edgar Allan Poe - iPad / iBook Cover Set Final Deliverables


Edgar Allan Poe E-Book Presentation

While working on these e-book covers I believe I gained a better understanding of the creative thought process that goes into making a successful set of covers. The formula if you will for what it takes to find meaningful and intelligent design work. In no way did I achieve that in my own work this time around. In fact on many levels I would say these designs failed and I'm glad they did. I have learned a lot more from it happening the way it has. I have to working with templates like the iPad here and seeing our designs in such a device as an iPad is really exciting. I'm looking forward to working much, much more these applications and devices in the next few years. 

The formal process of shooting the designs in context and replacing the images in those images with digital versions was a completely new experience but an enlightening one. Using that method really picked up the quality of my photographed images. After watching a lot of the presentations today I realized that you have to be aware of what your model is wearing. 

Changes: I will be fixing the clock timeline idea after studying some information graphics dealing directly with time. I will also be exploring making the noose in The Black Cat out of the negative space in the tree. 

I would like to thank everyone for their great feedback today. Though exhausted, sick, and with no sleep you guys made it enjoyable. 
The Cask Of Amontillado
The Black Cat
The Tell-Tale Heart

No comments: