April 25, 2011

Geek Culture Magazine Spreads Process Update W/Cover

First Trial Cover

I will be adjusting primarily the kerning in this cover. 

The spreads below I adjusted my rag for the 6th time. I now have a huge amount of respect for people who can't get a clean rag and make it look easy. 


Spread #1

Spread #2

Spread #3

I left the old format I had created behind this time around and simply stuck with the single diamond shape. This is instead of using multiple diamonds to dictate the page number. I changed the font that the number used from Future Light Condensed to Medium Condensed for legibility. I will be working on visually correcting the baseline alignment this next run. 

I finally gave in and shifted the diamond shape into the center to fit my opening blurb into it. Its working a lot better, but I had to try everything first to give in to the simple answer. 

No comments: