January 27, 2012

Reactions to 95% Typography Reading & Responce

This is a pretty ridiculous read. I can see where people would come out to complain about his article but its a matter of opinion which he has ever right to voice. It seems like a quarter of these responses are people who just missed the point in the first place. The ironic thing of it is he's writing a book on usability and branding. I would imagine that all of this feed back from his article will just wind up informing his book. The art school graduate mistakes are great. I can admit that I have made the mistake of leaving out visited and active links function out of several websites. He mentions that web designers are not reading enough books. I've realized that as a designer I've been spending too much time looking for inspiration rather than expanding my understanding of why those designs are attractive and how they function successfully. I've got to hand it to him for responding to his readers and critics this way.

No comments: