December 8, 2010

Semester Reflection

How can I summarize what I've learned so far during my first semester at KCAI... The most important thing that I learned is that I know nothing... and its really exciting. Just scratching the surface with so many possibilites and directions to specialize in the future it really inspires me. I know now more than ever that everyone who told me I didn't have to go to art school really didn't understand what it had to offer or at least what KCAI had to offer. I think I'm very fortunate to be here with the classmates and teachers that I have.

I feel like I just went through a huge crash course of design fundamentals and basics that I know will become the solid foundation of bigger and better things in the near future. I know also that I didn't grasp everything as well as I had hoped to and will be doing tutorials and posters once again over break as much as I can but in a new light, with a new understanding of why I'm making the design choices that I am.  I'm glad to have winter break to recap on the semester. I know when we all come back in spring we'll be ready for it!

2 comments:

jamie said...

You have a refreshing attitude when it comes to learning and growing as a designer. It will serve you well.

I'm glad you didn't listen to the naysayers and came to KCAI too.

Eli Sebastian Brumbaugh said...

Thanks Jamie, that means a lot to hear. I feel like I made the right choice coming to KCAI. I'm really looking forward to the next few years.

Now if I could only learn how to drive on the snow and ice!