March 8, 2013

Assessment

Spatial has been a class of what I would have to say full of surprise. At first glance I thought we would be focusing on general things we had yet to cover in the course of our studies here at KCAI like wayfinding, exhibition design, and later monument design. Out of ignorance at first glance I didn't think to see the greater value in these studies. As someone who is greatly interested in user experience and Interface design I have been pleasantly surprised at home much this class actually informs the aspects of design I am interested in. Just as easily as we can apply our considerations to spatial design we can also apply them to one person's experience interaction with anything from app to exhibition. The exhibition design at the Rock and Roll museum was also extremely informative because it took into account interaction design and user experience in a spatial and digital realm. I will be the first to admit my short coming in this area. I have a difficult time focusing myself on things like exhibition design and way finding but this class has been very helpful in giving me a chance to look at it in a entirely new light.

2 comments:

Marty Maxwell Lane said...

exhibition design (and spatial) and interaction design have a ton in common — both are 1) creating the conditions for meaningful experiences and 2) leading a user through a path(s).

Eli Sebastian Brumbaugh said...

I see exactly what you mean. Thank you for your insight Marty!